I AM ACCEPTED. NOW WHAT?
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
The academic year will open on Sunday, October 14, 2018. You should familiarize yourself with the Personal Information Website where you will find messaged from the University and certificates you can print out.
1. Were you conditionally accepted? Please check on your acceptance letter to see whether you still need to meet certain conditions before being able to register for studies. Such conditions might include: submission of official documents, language tests etc.
a. You must present at the Overseas Applicants Unit an original/official copy of your academic documents. Transcrips scanned and uploaded on the application website are considered copies and not originals. Overseas universities that have an option of a secured digital copy, can send it directly to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Meeting Hebrew language requirements, as detailed on the website.
c. Meeting English language requirements, as detailed on the website.
2. Do you need housing? You can regsiter and pay through the website. Applicants that were accepted conditionally may still register for housing.
3. Do you need a visa? Information about visas and permits on the website of the international office.
4. Do you need financial aid? Olim Hadashim who are eligible for the Student Authority’s help need to contact their office with a copy of their acceptance letter (unconditional) and with a copy of the standing bank order. Students must follow the procedures and pay the fees to the university; The Student Authority will reimburse students according to their regulations.
Students in need of additional aid or Israeli students who are not eligible for the Student Authority scholarships can find more information on the website.
5. Paying the first deposit of tuition: Detailed information about tuition payments can be found on the website of the Tuition and Payments Division.
6. Course registration: in most departments, you will need to register for classes through the internet. Thesit website will be active for registration in September. You can make changes to the program up to the end of the second week of school.
7. Student card: you will need to upload your photograph through the personal information website. The student card is issued only after course registration.
8. Cancellation of studies: if you decide to cancel your acceptance to the Hebrew University, you must send a written letter to our office.
If you cancel your studies after paying the first payment or after course registration, you must send a written letter of cancellation directly to the Tuition and Payments Division, according to the instructions on the website.