Congratulations on your acceptance to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
The academic year will open on Sunday, October 10, 2021. You should familiarize yourself with the Personal Information Website where you will find messaged from the University, links to pay the deposit an the tuition fee, and certificates you can print out.
1. Were you conditionally accepted? Please check on your acceptance letter to see whether you still need to meet certain conditions before being able to register for studies. Such conditions might include: submission of official documents, language tests etc.
a. You must present at the Overseas Applicants Unit an original/official copy of your academic documents or make sure your school sends official documents directly to the Overseas Applicants Unit. Overseas universities that have an option of a secured digital copy, can send it directly to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Meeting Hebrew language requirements, as detailed on the website.
c. Meeting English language requirements, as detailed on the website.
Conditional acceptance is valid only as long as the program accepts applications. When the deadline passes, applicants that did not submit all the criteria will be rejected from the program, with the exception of Rothberg Mechina students form 2021. Once the missing component is submitted, applicants may ask to join a waiting list.
2. Do you need housing? You can regsiter and pay through the website. Applicants that were accepted conditionally may still register for housing.
3. Do you need a visa? Information about visas and permits on the website of the international office.
4. Did you pay the deposit? Candidates that were accepted unconditionally should pay the deposit by the date listed on their acceptance letter in order to ensure their place in the program. Competitive undergraduate programs may decide, at some point, to cancel the acceptance of candidates that did not pay the deposit. The deposit can be paid by credit card or by orderting an elecronic voucher for the post office, on the Personal Information Website.
5. Do you need financial aid? Olim Hadashim who are eligible for the Students Authority's help need to contact their office with a copy of their acceptance letter (unconditional). Students must follow the procedures and apy the fees to the University. The Student Authority will reimburse students according to their regulations.
Students in need of additional aid or Israeli students who are not eligible for the Student Authority scholarships can find more information on the website.
6. Paying the tuition: Detailed information about tuition payments can be found on the website of the Tuition and Payments Division. Only candidates that paid the deposit will receive a link to the tuition payments.
7. Course registration is done online. Thesit website will be active for registration in September. You can make changes to the program only up to the end of the second week of school. Only candidates that paid the deposit will be able to register for classes.
8. Student card: you will need to upload your photograph through the personal information website. The student card is issued only after payment no. 1 of the tuition.
9. Application cancellation/ deferred admission
Applicants accepted for undergraduate studies for the 2021/2022 academic year that paid the deposit, may choose to keep their admission and defer their studies for the 2022/23 academic year. As soon as their request is processed, their admission will be frozen and moved to the next academic year and the deposit will be used for keeping the place in the 2022/23 academic year. The request must be sent by email to the Overseas Applicants Unit: email@example.com.
There is no deferred admission for the following programs: Medicine, Military Medicine, Dental Medicine, Amirim (Humanities Faculty), Occupational Therapy, Revivim Program, Pharmacy – Excellence Program.
Cancellation of application or deferred admission done before 15.8.2021 will enable full refund of the deposit. No deposit is available after 16.8.2021.
It is not possible to defer admission once a study program has been registered in the system. At that time, cancellations and refunds will be according to tuition department policy, as detailed on the website.