General Admission Requirements
The minimum admission requirements are listed below. Many departments are selective and require a higher grade average. Final decisions are made by the Admissions Committee in each department after reviewing the candidate’s achievements.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university (In the USA it includes “Regional Accreditation”). We accept the degree only if at least half of the credits were studied at the degree-granting institution, or in institutions recognized by us.
Candidates who completed a degree at a branch in Israel of an overseas institution of higher education must contact the Overseas Applicants Unit before applying.
2. Most departments require a minimum average in undergraduate studies that is equivalent to 80 (USA GPA 3.0) for admission to the Non-Research Track and a minimum average equivalent to 85 (USA GPA 3.5) for admission to the Research Track. The index table notes exceptions to this rule.
3. Hebrew language skills: Level Dalet or a score of 105 on the YAEL test is the minimum requirement for admission to most departments. Some departments require a more advanced level of Hebrew (details in the chapter "Hebrew Language").
In some cases, it may be possible to begin a supplementary program while completing level Gimel (details in the chapter “Supplementary Program”).
Details of programs taught in English can be found here.
4. English language skills. “Lower Advanced” level is the minimum requirement for admission to most departments. Some departments require a more advanced level of English (details in the chapter "English Language").
5. The departments of Psychology and Clinical Child Psychology, as well as the school of Public Policy require the GRE. Details on the website: http://www.gre.com.
Hebrew University Institutional code: 0859.
The School of Business Administration requires the quantitative score on the GMAT . Details on the website: http://www.mba.com.
Information on these exams can be purchased for a nominal fee at the American Center, 19 Keren Hayesod St., Jerusalem, Tel: 02-6252376, or at the US-Israel Education Foundation, 1 Ben Yehuda St., Tel Aviv, Tel: 03-5172131, Website: http://www.fulbright.org.il.