Annual tuition fees will be announced in summer 2020 and must be paid in Israeli currency. Tuition can be paid either in one payment, or in installments by credit card or a standing bank order.
Undergraduate Tuition (2019/20): NIS 10,259 (approximately US$2,950, according to December 2019 exchange rates)
Graduate Tuition (2019/20): NIS 13,863 (approximately US$3,980 according to December 2019 exchange rates)
Students in MA programs pay a minimum of 50% regardless of the number of hours actually studied (not including supplementary courses).
Supplementary PhD: 20% of the tuition for the thesis and 10% for each yearly hour.
Special Students – 5% of the tuition for each yearly hour. A nominal fee of 10% is required if the sum is less than 50%.
Additional payments include security fee, welfare fee and student union fees. Complete details on tuition fees and ways of payment can be found of the website of the Tuition and Fees Unit.
1. Non-Israeli Citizens pay an addition of 25%, except in the Research track of graduate programs.
2. International students are required to have a valid health insurance policy. Details on the website.
3. Information on additional expenses is available on international office website.
4. The tuition fee is calculated according to yearly hours in a specific year. Please be aware that once a study program is entered into the computer under a candidate's name, there is a financial obligation. This debt exists even if the student does not begin studies. In addition, please note that in some study programs the tuition might be higher in a given year. Information on cancellation dates and refunds is available on the website of the Tuition and Fees Unit.
Financial Aid Department (Mador HaSiyuah)
The Hebrew University actively assists students who find it difficult to pay tuition. For this purpose, the University has various financial resources, generous scholarships and loans.
The Financial Aid Department offers assistance to undergraduate students.
In addition, it makes recommendations regarding worthy graduate students to various funds operating in conjunction with the University. For details concerning scholarships, loans and grants awarded to Hebrew University students. Details on website.
- Friends of the Hebrew University offices abroad.
- Student Authority (Minhal HaStudentim) for new immigrants. In Jerusalem the office is located at 22 Kanfei Nesharim St., Email: email@example.com, website.
- Academic Excellence Awards for first-year undergraduates, on the basis of admission criteria. Most faculties award a prize for the full amount of tuition, while a number of departments award prizes for half that amount. Suitable candidates will be notified in their acceptance letter.
- Dean's Award and Rector's Award in the various faculties for second- and third-year students. Details can be found in the faculty catalogues.
- Ministry of Education scholarships are available for undergraduate students who are Israeli citizens. Information and application forms on the website .
- Additional options: www.milgot.co.il.