A Master’s degree (MA, MSc, etc.) is usually completed in two years. In some of the MA programs taught in English there is a one-year option (autumn/spring/semmer semesters).
Several tracks are offered:
- Research Track, which requires writing a thesis.
- Non-Research Track, which does not require writing a thesis. Students who complete this track and then decide to pursue a Doctoral degree are required to register as Supplementary-PhD students and write a thesis.
- Individual Graduate Program which focuses on a central research topic. Applicants must find a research supervisor to construct with them a study program that includes courses from several departments.
- Specializations are offered by some faculties and are studied in addition to the disciplinary course of study.
Generally, only those students who choose a department that is a direct continuation of their undergraduate studies can expect to be accepted directly to a Master’s degree program. Differences in curriculum and course content may necessitate supplementary studies.
For more information regarding the admission requirements, please click here.
Business Administration - International MBA in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
The School of Business administration is proud to offer the International MBA in Entrepreneurship & Innovation; a 1-year, full-time MBA program in English, aimed at attracting bright international and Israeli students to integrate a top-notch academic with a professional curriculum for a fascinating MBA experience. For more information about admissions, curriculum, tuition, etc.- please see our website: imba.huji.ac.il or contact us: email@example.com. English language requirement: Upper Advanced level. The program is operated in cooperation with the Rothberg International School and applications must be submitted online at: overseas.huji.ac.il/applynow.
Contemporary German Studies: Politics, Society and Culture (MA)
The program is offered through the European Forum in the Faculty of Social Sciences, in cooperation with the DAAD (the German Foreign Exchange Service). Its goal is to promote through teaching and research the study of contemporary processes in German society in the context of the EU, as well as in global context. Proficiency in the German language is not a pre-requisite for the program but is required in order to graduate. English language required: Exemption level. Website: www.cgs.huji.ac.il.
The Bogen International Graduate Program - MA and direct PhD is a new program offered by the Department of Economics. Admission requirements include the GRE. English level requirement: Exemption level. Additional information and an internal application are available on the following link.
The department offers a program taught in English that includes a wide variety of courses on British and American literature, as well as insight into South African and Canadian literature. The department does not offer an MA program in English Linguistics. English language requirement: Upper Advanced level.
Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment (MScAgr)
- The International School of Agricultural Sciences offers four 12-month International Programs. The following programs are available in 2017-2018: Animal Science and Nutritional Sciences. The following programs will be offered in the academic year 2018-2019: Environmental Quality Studies and Plant Sciences (Crop Production or Horticulture). New MSc program in Viticulture and Enology opens in March 2017 and extends over 18 montsh. The next course will open in March 2019. Applicants lacking suitable background in the sciences might be accepted to a specialized supplementary program preceding the course. The School also offers short-term courses in various subjects. English level required: Upper Advanced. Interested candidates should contact: Division for International Studies, Tel: 08-9489285, Fax: 08-9470171, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website.
- In some departments, it is possible to design an individual MSc program that will be taught in English, mostly in the areas offered by the International School (see above). Applicants should contact a supervisor for their research work who will check the possibility according to the research area. Potential supervisors can be found through the website of the relevant department or by contacting the head of the relevant department. English language requirement: Lower Advanced level for admission. The exemption level must be reached during the first year of studies. Website: www.agri.huji.ac.il/english.
Faculty of Dental Medicine (MSc)
The Faculty of Dental Medicine offers a two-year international MSc program in Bio-Medical Sciences in Dental Medicine. Dentists may also add a specialization (e.g. Orthodontics). English language requirement: Upper Advanced level. For details please contact Ms Yehudit Rudolph at: email@example.com.
Faculty of Medicine – Biomedical Sciences
The Institute for Medical Research Israel-Canada (IMRIC) offers outstanding students a two-year MSc program in Bio-Medical Sciences taught in English. The program is available in research-track only and is intended for applicants who do not need supplementary studies. Potential supervisors can be found on Science in IMRIC. The head of the program will design an all-English program. For more details, English language requirement: Upper Advanced level. For details please contact Ms. Laura Brendel firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty of Science (MSc)
Two-year full MSc programs taught in English are available in the Research-Track only and are intended for applicants who do not need supplementary studies. Applicants should contact a potential supervisor for their research work, who will check the possibility according to the research area.
Potential supervisors can be found on the website of the relevant department or by contacting the International Student Coordinator, Ms Avia Leader, Tel: 0544949176, E-mail: email@example.com.
English language requirement: Lower Advanced level for admission. The exemption level must be reached during the first year of studies. Website: science.huji.ac.il/en.
Glocal International Development (MA)
This program, offered through the Faculty of Social Sciences, trains experts in fields relevant to the development of local communities in impoverished regions across the world. Courses are taught in English, but students with a sufficient command of Hebrew can take graduate courses in the various departments of the Hebrew University. The program includes an internship component during the third semester in an international NGO. Admission requirements include a personal interview. English language requirement: Exemption level. Website: glocal.huji.ac.il.
Jewish Education (MA)
The Melton Center for Jewish Education offers the Melton Blended Masters in Jewish Education. The program consists of 40 credits of which 14 credits are offered on site at the Hebrew University and 26 credits are offered as distance courses. Courses are intended to familiarize students with research in Jewish education and to enable the clarification of the goals, methods, practices and challenges involved in transmitting Jewish culture and teaching Jewish and Israel subjects in the Diaspora. Further details are available by Tel: 02-5882033, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or on the website: melton.huji.ac.il.
The Faculty of Law offers an LLM in International Law in English on Human Rights and International Law. The program extends over one year and only applicants with an LLB or JD are eligible to apply.
The Faculty also offers an MA program in Human Rights and Transitional Law. The program is intended for applicants who do not have a Law degree.
A new program in International Law and Conflict Resolution will lead either to an LLM or an MA, according to students' previous background.
English language requirement: Upper Advanced level. Further details are available on the Faculty’s website. The programs are operated in cooperation with the Rothberg International School and applications must be submitted online at: overseas.huji.ac.il/applynow.
Public Health (MPH)
The Braun School of Public Health and Community Medicine offers a 12-month English-language International Master of Public Health (IMPH) Program. The APHEA-accredited program is a scientifically stimulating and culturally rewarding experience, allowing study and interaction with peers from different professional and cultural backgrounds, in the unique setting of Jerusalem. The curriculum provides its trainees with tools and theory for examining public health challenges and formulating relevant responses at the institutional, community and national level. To date, more than 800 physicians, nurses, economists, environmental specialists, and other professionals from nearly 100 countries worldwide (mostly from developing regions) have completed the IMPH degree. Scholarship support is available for eligible candidates from low-income countries. English language requirement: Upper Advanced level. Potential candidates should contact: E-mail: email@example.com. Tel: +972-2-6777117, Fax: +972-2-6431086. Website and online registration information: http://IMPH.HUJI.AC.IL
MA Programs at the Rothberg International School
The Rothberg International School offers the following Master's programs:
Two-year program in The Bible and the Ancient Near East.
One-year programs: Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies; Israel Studies; Jewish Studies (with special track in Religious Studies); Nonprofit Management and Leadership (including a specialization in Jewish Education). English language requirement: Upper Advanced level. Potential candidates should contact: Tel. 02-5883482, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: overseas.huji.ac.il/graduate.